Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dries van Yawn...

I know, Dries van Noten is a genius and does amazing work and all.  But, his ss09 collection is a complete yawn.  I don't care if it is supposed to be one of the top shows for the spring.  It is boring as all get out.  The colors?  Cream, navy, gold, and that seems to be about it.  BORING.  Isn't spring supposed to be breaking out of the dark, cold mess of winter and celebrating the fact that you can wear color?  Instead, his new collection reminds me of the latest Gristedes Challenge of Project: Runway Season 5, especially that table-cloth plaid.  Ugh.  I'm so sad--the last few Dries collections have been stunning and amazing and everything I've ever wanted to buy.  This one?  It looks like the economy, which makes me want to just go back to bed.



Dries van Noten ss09 photo from style.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...