Friday, July 3, 2009

Kinda a Snooze...

Okay, so I know the CFDA awards are like the Oscars of fashion.  I get it.  They mean a lot and only really go to the best and the brightest.  Yep.  But, I can't help but be disappointed with this year's women's wear winners, Rodarte.

Yes, they make good stuff.  They are a designer label.  Okay.  But, they just really aren't that exciting.  Their stuff of overwrought and kinda unwearable.  Sometimes I think they've spent too much time living in their parents' basement.  It isn't that they are bad, far from it.  I think maybe what it is is that they need a few more years to really find their groove and make garments that make women jump up and down and scream.  Because, right now their garments make me keep on scrolling right on by.  

I do genuinely hope that they do really live up to the award and make fantastic things.  I guess I was just hoping that the award would go to someone who designs things that keep me up at night.  But, when I think about it, I can't really say that any American designer is doing that now...

Picture from rockthetrend.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...