Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hello My Pretties!

Wow, it has been a long time!  I have been neglecting this blog in a very bad way.  It is not intentional.  It just happens.  The problem has been badly compounded by the fact that for the past few years all I have worn to work is a corporate polo and the finest waterproof pants REI has to offer.  Sorta puts a cramp in how many designer dresses you need to be looking at.

I think I may start this up again.  Not completely talking about what just went down the runway, but also talking about what I've made lately.  See, I love to craft.  And, my cousin next to me in age passed away on June 30th, 2013 in a workplace accident with 18 of his coworkers.  You probably saw it on the news.  It has been a very difficult loss.  One thing that has made me feel better is making things myself.  He always believed in me far more than I ever have and he would be very proud of me for putting myself out there and trying.  So, for him I will share with you what I have been making lately.  Most of what I make is either for the friends & family of the people around me and then sometimes for the foster kids in Arizona.  Sometimes, it is for myself.  There's a certain satisfaction you get from knowing that you made your own armor that day.



So, while you can expect some fashion commentary, also expect to watch a hobbiest play with raw materials in their dining room.  I leave you with this, a sweater i knitted for the son of a childhood friend from "Sprintime Baby Cardi" pattern on Ravelry :



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...